We all know content is king, but many marketers struggle to come up with new ideas and new material on a consistent basis. In many ways, digivtal marketing is a race to create compelling content – which is easier said than done. However, many firms are turning to new AI tools in order to generate content. In this post, let’s discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of AI-generated content for law firms.
What is AI-Generated Content?
AI stands for artificial intelligence, and there are many applications for this technology. One of the most common is due to the popularity of tools like ChatGPT, which can help people create content using prompts. Machine-made text can include everything from blogs to descriptions to printed collateral and much more. Users can create text based on human search queries.
Advantages of AI-Generated Content for Law Firms
AI tools are seeing huge adoption rates for good reason. Many people are able to complete tasks that they previously were not able to, and many marketers have been able to up their content game. Here are the positives that come with AI content.
- Fast turnaround – When you have the need for speed, AI is a powerful tool. Whether your topic is complex or simple, AI can tackle it and turn out content that is easy to read. Human writers often take hours to develop content at the same level of quality. AI can be really helpful for filling up your content calendar on short notice.
- Inexpensive – If you’ve leveraged content as part of your marketing, then you know how resource-intensive it can be. It takes a lot of time to research, write, and edit high-quality content. Or, you might outsource the creation to a freelancer or agency, which can eat up a budget quickly. Most AI tools cost less than $100 for a subscription. For well-researched, important content, you should stick to human writers, but if you just need a few things quickly, AI is a cost-effective way to obtain content.
- Better SEO – Many AI tools boast SEO capabilities that rival human abilities. AI pulls material from the web and favors content that is already popular and SEO-optimized. That’s a big value add since you don’t have to manually research and track down the highest quality content. You can also use AI tools for tasks like keyword research and tracking down tips on structuring your page.
- Lack of writer’s block – If you’ve ever been responsible for creating content, then you know how tough it can be to come up with new and interesting topics. When you’re under pressure, it can often be even harder to generate great content. AI tools have no such issues and can turn out content even under pressure and tight deadlines.
Disadvantages of AI-Generated Content for Law Firms
After reading all the pros of AI, you might be thinking “Why wouldn’t we just use AI for all of our content?” Well, there are a few reasons why you should stick with your human writers, especially for content that is really critical to your digital efforts.
AI vs. Human Writers : The Content Dilemma
- Possible plagiarism – AI pulls from multiple sources, but the important thing to remember is that it’s information that’s already out there. There is a real risk that original content creators can feel that content is too closely related to what they wrote and even take legal action. Plus, you won’t always know the sources for what is generated, which makes it impossible to cite them accurately.
- Potential search engine devaluation – Remember that Google uses the concept of EEAT (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) to rank content. As AI tools become more popular, search engines will evaluate content through the lens of “trust”. That means AI content may not always meet the criteria. At the end of the day, we don’t fully understand AI’s impact on search engine ranking factors or search engines. If SEO is your priority, it’s important to go through any AI-generated content and make sure SEO best practices are in place – don’t rely on the tool.
- Quality inconsistencies – Even though AI generally produces high-quality content, you can’t always count on that. The fact is that you may receive a different level of quality each time you use a tool. How robust the work will be depends on how much relevant content already exists on the topic. It’s difficult to get a consistent output of great content across all of your potential subject matter.
- Editing still required – Uploading AI-generated content without applying a human touch first is a big mistake. Too many people think that AI content will be perfect on its own, but it’s crucial to proofread and edit with a human eye. You should look for inaccurate, cluttered, inconsistent, or even offensive text. When using AI tools, use it as a base instead of a standalone solution. Use what you receive from AI as a foundation but make sure that your team spends some time putting their own touches on it.
The bottom line is that AI-generated content is extremely helpful – but not perfect. There’s no such thing as an ideal tool so there’s no such thing as ideal content created by AI. It’s a smart idea to use AI tools to enhance your content creation efforts, but you don’t want to rely on them exclusively.
That’s why Good2bSocial has joined Jasper as a Certified Solutions Partner! Jasper is an end-to-end AI copilot for marketing teams who want better – not just faster – outcomes. Our partnership with Jasper gives Good2bSocial access to exclusive training, support, and resources that will enable us to greatly enhance our existing suite of services, empowering our team to leverage innovative AI-driven solutions as they endeavor to optimize our clients’ digital marketing strategies. If you are working through your content creation calendar or schedule, and you’re not sure where to start, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about utilizing Jasper for your content creation.