For your law firm’s most effective video ad strategy, try aligning video content with the 3 stages of the buyer’s journey. By creating videos with a funnel-focused mindset, you can nurture and convert more leads into clients. Design each video with its particular role in the buyer’s journey, and your results will not disappoint. In this guide, we share everything you need to know to better align your video ads with the buyer’s journey—including video ad ideas for each stage of the journey—so that you can achieve more powerful results.
Refresher on the buyer’s journey
The buyer’s journey is the “journey” that an individual takes from the point of making contact with your law firm through becoming a loyal client. At each stage, your firm’s goal should be to move the target forward through this journey by providing a carefully curated marketing experience with content that motivates them through their decision-making process. The buyer’s journey has three stages: Awareness, Consideration, and Decision. Creating content that helps people along their buyer’s journey is a smart move for any law firm – and here is how you can do it with your video ads.
Creating video ads for the awareness stage
In this stage, prospects are just learning about your law firm. Your goal during the awareness stage is to cast a wide net, establish an audience, and aim for maximum exposure. Create video ads that offer valuable information about your firm but ask nothing in return yet, all while building trust.
Use the following video types to help lay this foundation of awareness.
- Brand videos – Whether you call it a brand video, a culture video, or an “about us” video, this introductory video should answer all of the pertinent questions about who you are and what you do. This video should showcase your law firm’s value proposition.
- ‘How-to’ videos – Answering your audience’s questions with unique, and actionable advice helps to position yourself as an authority and build trust with leads. For instance, create a video series or webinar on properly filling out complex legal documents.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) videos – Show how your law firm gives back by carrying out a variety of activities that benefit people, animals, the environment, etc. Spreading the word about your good deeds will garner goodwill for your law firm.
Creating video ads for the consideration stage
In the consideration phase, potential clients are aware of the problem they want to solve and are researching law firms. They are also looking for validation and credibility. With these videos, try to foster a relationship. Think about questions prospects are likely to ask and answer them with content. Offer as much helpful information as you can during this stage, while subtly positioning your firm as having all the expertise they’ll need. Specific tactics in this stage can include explainer videos, a series of video blogs that address certain challenges, or a step-by-step guide on commonly researched legal areas.
- Explainer videos or animations – When it comes time to introduce your practice areas, these simple videos are great at explaining topics in an easy-to-watch, digestible way. Be sure to emphasize your audience’s pain points.
- Problem-solution videos – With problem-solution video ads, show your audience in simplified terms just how your law firm can be super valuable to them. Spell out the issues you solve. By using this type of video, you cut through the noise and give viewers a reason to pay attention (and put their trust in you) right away.
Creating video ads for the decision stage
The first two stages are all about providing information to the potential client and gaining trust. Here, your firm can be at the forefront of your video strategy. Messaging should focus on why your firm is the best answer to their challenge. Consider common objectives and provide assurances before the target has time to ask. Think through reasons why someone might opt out of doing business with your firm, and use content to tackle those arguments. Your goal here is to make their ultimate decision easier and share a glimpse of what life will be like once they’ve secured your firm and moved past this legal challenge and into their next chapter. In this stage you can offer social proof such as client testimonials or case study examples.
If you’re going to spend any time producing videos, you want to get the most bang for your buck. The best way to do that is to strategically focus content on each stage of the buyer’s journey. Each stage offers unique objectives on the part of the target, and creating content that speaks directly to those people and those goals will allow you to have the most influence.
Need help incorporating video into your firm’s marketing mix? We help lawyers and law firms drive engagement, grow their brand, and generate leads through strategic video marketing. Contact us today to discuss your video marketing objectives and the ways in which we can help.