Professionals sometimes come to a point in their careers when they want to make a change. It might be because of job dissatisfaction or disillusionment, evolving interests or goals, or an unplanned change in employment status.
Making a move in a new direction can be intimidating for professionals who have exclusively focused on — and been identified with — their existing career for years. But there are steps they can take to successfully rebrand themselves, build new networks, and accelerate the transition to their desired new career.
In this video will learn how to:
- Develop a credible brand in your new target area
- Build a supportive network to assist in your transition
- Leverage social proof to boost your credibility
- Reach your target audience
- Prepare the personal “story” of your move
Who will benefit:
- Attorneys looking to transition into a new career
- Senior attorneys returning to the workplace
- Attorneys looking to build a book of business for the firm
- Legal professionals seeking to expand their network
Judy Selby, Founder, Judy Selby Consulting and Make Your Move Consulting
After 25 years of legal practice, Judy went from AmLaw 100 partner to principal of her own thriving consulting company. To make this move, she developed a 6 part action plan to successfully leverage her legal experience, rebrand, and build an international network and reputation. By consistently following this plan, she was able to seamlessly and successfully transition from Big Law to her exciting new career.
Guy Alvarez, Founder, Good2bSocial
Guy Alvarez is the founder and Chief Engagement Officer of Good2bSocial which helps law firms and legal vendors understand and leverage the power of content, digital marketing and social media. Starting out as a lawyer, and over his 25-year career, Guy’s deep expertise spanning law, technology, and marketing, has enabled him to emerge as a leading voice in the application of digital and social technologies for business.